cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Check if DRAM and compact flash card are working cisco 1841 router

Clay Plaga
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a command to check if the DRAM and the compact flash are working? I have an 1841 on my test network. I need to use the K9 IOS for SSH login configurations. It's in flash but the K9 IOS can't load into NVRAM startup. I think the DRAM is bad. I have ordered a replacement DRAM bank. Any other ideas? Screen shot included.Cisco IOS no load.png

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

IOS image always in most cases end with .bin file (for example for your models - c181x-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M12a.bin)

if you have cisco CCO account access to download IOS image you can download.

or google is your friend for learning purpose - there may be some images available to download.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Make sense. That file is not a valid IOS to boot.

Thank you. Please forgive my ignorance. I just started learning this 2 weeks ago. How did you determine that the IOS wasn't a valid file? What should I look for? I assume I have to acquire a legitimate K9 IOS for the 1841. Do I have to purchase this IOS?

IOS image always in most cases end with .bin file (for example for your models - c181x-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M12a.bin)

if you have cisco CCO account access to download IOS image you can download.

or google is your friend for learning purpose - there may be some images available to download.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card