cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 1811 router crash and reload

Ignacio Freyre
Level 1
Level 1

hi fellow networkers, i wonder if you could help me with a crash that happend to a router i manage, the router crashed without human interaction, all of the sudden it reloaded, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

please see attached file of crash.

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see in the output that there are several tracebacks. A traceback is a sign of a software problem. I do not have the resources to decode the traceback information. If this router is covered by a maintenance contract then I would suggest opening a case with Cisco TAC since they do have the resources to interpret the traceback output.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hi richard, unfortunately i do not have a maintenance contrtanct.

thank you for your time!

If you do not have a maintenance contract then it will be difficult to find the cause of the problem and to solve it. I believe that the problem is software related and not hardware related. If you have access to another version of code for the router you might try using that other version.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card