cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1811K9 NAT configuration not working in 891K9, missing config items?

dougmenard
Level 1
Level 1

A new industrial control system uses 891K9's, an existing system uses 1811K9's.

We are using (1) 891 per identical machine group  w/NAT to translate to translate identical IP's/ports in each group (LAN side/inside) to unique IP's in another subnet (WAN side/outside) (Port forwarding).

At the office I tested an 1811 config. in a new 891 and was able to connect to a piece of the equipment on loan for this test. Communications were good, no issues.

Onsite, the 891 is able to establish communications & all is well for about 15 minutes, then comm's fail and I lose comm's.

I've done this on many systems with the 1811 but cannot get the 891 comm's to remain on.

Attached is the Router config. used.

My PLC (outside device) is looking at the Router FE8 WAN address and inside device static IP/logical port in the LAN, through theLAN ports to the machines switch/hub where the devices connect.

Is there a config. detail that needs to be in the 891 that the 1811 didn't need or have?

I use the blue cable w/Hyperterminal/CLI to copy/paste the config files into the Routers. I use "Write erase", "Reload", "enable" then paste to host in Hyperterminal and the config self loads. No issues with that procedure, logging in to the new Router config, etc.

Thanks in advance, I'm onsite now, any help is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Very long worded question.. can you summarize in few words what exactly is not working ?

Sorry, just trying to supply any needed info.

I'm using a Router config. from an 1811K9 in a new 891K9 and cannot keep communications on for long in the 891.

I may be missing some cmd lines in the new 891 that are working in the 1811.

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Likely you are not missing anything, but I suggest to update IOS first. If you don't have acces to download, contact your reseller for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card