Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841 on Zyxel C1100Z

Trevor Janssen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having issues with my 1841 that I recently bought. I am trying to configure my router to get on to my ISP, CenturyLink. I have tried configuring FE0/0 as the WAN port and FE0/1 as the LAN port, when I try to get on the Internet, it simply doesn't work and gives me the error "There is no Internet connection", note that this is in Google Chrome. I then tried to ping the backend of my ISP only to figure out that doesn't work either. I tried to ping my backend from the router itself and it worked. So I assumed that there wasn't a route to get to the backend. I then configured a default route to get there and ultimately it didn't work. I need help getting it configured.

26 Replies 26

I am able to ping the router from an outside network.

From your pc you're still not able to reach outside?

If not, please do sh ip nat trans on the router and from your pc do traceroute 8.8.8.8

Thanks 

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Nothing shows up for sh ip nat trans

I have done a sh ip int brief and it showed my LAN port as administratively down. I have set it as no shutdown. Now my internet works.

Nice to hear that

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Ok then you get now Internet connection from your router.

Did you adapt the bay configuration?

F0/1 : ip nat outside 

F0/0: ip nat inside 

And the global command ip nat inside source should point to f0/1 instead of f0/0

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this solved your issue

Thanks
Francesco

I have adjusted the bay configuration and changed everything, it still doesn't work. I still can't ping from any of my PCs. 

Everything works from the router up, when I try to get things to work on the PCs they don't work so something is blocking them from accessing the internet. I will go get wireshark and view the packets that are coming from my computers.

There is a bit of a new conundrum, I am trying to create a default route but it is not adding to the routing table. It keeps saying that the ICMP redirect cache is empty.

I figured it out. I needed to enable ip routing.

Trevor Janssen
Level 1
Level 1

Whenever I use the router and playing black ops 3 on the PS4 with friends, I am lagging. I don't know if it is me or not. there are four people who have one bar whenever one person hosts, then when ever someone else hosts like me, the people who were hosts lag when I am the server and when my cousin is the server.

It could be a lot of things. You can test your Internet access through speedtest, do some few troubleshooting to see if something is blocking...

Thanks 

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: