cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1921 and 2921 WAN connection speed

User750
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 100MB Charter WAN connection between two locations.  We are plugged directly into the Cisco Equipment provided by Charter.  One location has a 1921 Cisco Router and the other location has a 2921 Cisco Router.

I have been using iperf to connect between the two offices and I am only seeing 50Mb max between the two sites.  I have been working with Charter but it appears the Routers may be the slowdown and not Charter's equipment.

Should the Cisco 1921 router and 2921 router be able to handle a 100Mb WAN connection?  I keep finding varying articles on the WAN speeds that these routers should be able to handle.

Thanks! 

3 Replies 3

Hello,

it depends what you have configured. Check the charts attached:

http://www.anticisco.ru/pubs/ISR_G2_Perfomance.pdf

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

No, you will not get 100Mbps speed with those routers. Suggestion to upgrade.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Everything that I was looking at was kind of pointing to the Routers being my issue.  I had found the datasheets but everything that I had been reading showed the performance varied greatly depending on what the routers were doing.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card