Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1921 Configeration

jmaas1234
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have run into an issue with the Cisco 1921 Fiber Router.

Background:

The Cisco 1921 is located at Small Company incubator facility, the 1921 has a fiber line coming in from the provider. The 1921 has multiple static IP Addresses assigned to it.

We are connecting a Cisco/ Meraki MX-60 firewall to the 1921,  cable from 1921 is plugged into the Internet connection port on the MX-60.

One of the static IP addresses is assigned to the Meraki MX-60.

The MX-60 can connect to the Internet, a check of the IP address shows the correct static IP address

Problems:

When ports are opened and assigned on the Meraki MX-60, the ports are no open on the Internet, for instance port 3389 was opened and then assigned to an IP address for a PC connected to the Meraki. Tried to remote in from the Internet could not.

Scan of open ports on the static IP address show no ports open.

Question:

Does anybody know of hand if there is something that would be blocking the ports on the Cisco 1921.

I don't have access to the 1921, I would need to call the provider , provider indicates all ports are open.

Notes:

We orginaly tried a Cisco SA520w Firwall with same results above.

Thanks

Justin

1 Reply 1

Vishesh Verma
Level 1
Level 1

If cisco 1921 is ISP managed router then there shouldn't be any port blocking "unless your ISP has specifically mentioned it".

If it is managed by you or your company check the config see if there is any ACL or inspection rules.

Or paste the config here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: