Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1941 W, wireless not working

bjorn.goossens
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have been breaking my head over a problem with my new 1941W ISR since about two weeks now.

When I restart the router, the service-module wlan-ap0 is not working.

After a restart of the router, when I ask a service-module wlan-ap2 status, I get:

Service Module is Cisco wlan-ap0
Service Module supports session via TTY line 67
Service Module is waiting for registration message
Service Module reset on error is disabled
Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled
Service Module is in fail open
Service Module status is not available

After a while it changes to Service Module is failed.

If I restart the module with service-module wlan-ap2 reset, it works......

Does anyone hava a clue of what the problem is? Is this a technical error?

Kind regards and already thank you so much for looking into this!

Kind regards,

Bjorn

4 Replies 4

jweather
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like the service module is not synched with the RBCP initiation messages at boot time.  I'd try making sure it's seated properly.  If so, you may have to open a TAC case and RMA this device.

Dear,

Thanks for your answer.

I found something. When I session into the internal AP, I get the "ap: " prompt. Here I have to type Boot in order to let it boot.

After I do this, everything works, but I have to start it manually...

Also, after a cold boot, the startup-configuration is gone. I have to copy a version to flash and copy it back the the startup-configuration, then another boot and then it works...

What do you mean by  I'd try making sure it's seated properly, you mean physically open the device?

Thanks for your answer!!

Bjorn

Yes that's what I mean, but I don't think that's your problem. You're module is not set to autoboot from the factory and therefore won't. Since it doesn't auto-boot, it misses the RBCP heartbeat message.

I think the firmware needs to be changed, thus you'll want to work through TAC for an RMA

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

I just contacted cisco, a technical engineer is gonna call me in an hour. We'll see what he has to say...

I'll keep you informed

Thanks again!

Björn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card