Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1941w ethrnet switch

Hello!

I have 1941W for my personal usu and LAB.

From the post

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/1941w-expansion-slots/m-p/3089729#M387605

I know EHWIC-D-8ESG-P (8 port) EHWIC-D-4ESG (4 port) are supported.

(BTW 10/100 Hwic are not)

My primary question is:

If I'll buy EHWIC-D-8ESG-P now but still use NON -PoE power sup. will I be able to use EHWIC-D-8ESG-P just as data switch without PoE? My be will buy PWR-1941-POE later.

Aso do somone know can I convert EHWIC-D-8ESG to EHWIC-D-8ESG-P with IPLM-8 or somthing like that?

Thanks for help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Georg Pauwen
VIP Master VIP Master
VIP Master

Hello,

--> If I'll buy EHWIC-D-8ESG-P now but still use NON -PoE power sup. will I be able to use EHWIC-D-8ESG-P just as data switch without PoE? My be will buy PWR-1941-POE later.

Without the PWR-1941-POE=, the ports on the module will just function as normal ports. I think without the power supply, you don't even have the 'power inline' options available.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Georg Pauwen
VIP Master VIP Master
VIP Master

Hello,

--> If I'll buy EHWIC-D-8ESG-P now but still use NON -PoE power sup. will I be able to use EHWIC-D-8ESG-P just as data switch without PoE? My be will buy PWR-1941-POE later.

Without the PWR-1941-POE=, the ports on the module will just function as normal ports. I think without the power supply, you don't even have the 'power inline' options available.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers