Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2900 Router issue

smartboy2255
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am not able to configure Service policy output command in Cisco 2921 router.While configuring I am getting below error.

Router(config-if)#service-policy output QOS

Configuration failed!

Same config is working fine in Cisco 3845  router.

I am suspectting the problem with license in IOS. License details is in the attached file..

Pls help on this

Regards,

Ajith

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

AFAIK Modular QoS is not a licensed feature - and should be available in pretty much all IOS's.

You could have a config error - or the interface type does not support MQS.  PLease post your config for review.

Juan Perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

IPBASEK9 license (which is activated by default) should support QoS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10616/white_paper_c11_556985.html#wp9000694

What is the exact error message youa re getting, where are you trying to apply the policy?

Regards.

Hi all,

I am applying on the VLAN interface which is assigned to the fast ethernet port (HWIC4ESW card) in Cisco 2921 router.I know HWIC4ESW card wont support CBWFQ & LLQ.But same config is working fine in the VLAN (assigned to HWIC4ESW card)of Cisco 2800 series router. Recently customer purchased new 2921 and we tried to configure same in Cisco 2921.And we found it is not supporting.Pls help..

Attached QOS config of both routers..

Regards,

Ajith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card