cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2921 use loandbalancing two internet?

rechard_david
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I want to configure loanbalancing on internet, i mean that i have 2 ISP and both ISP conbin speed, ISP 1 is 2MB and ISP 2 is 1 MB so all my client can use internet from inside to outside speed is 3 MB. and if the ISP 1 donw and my client still can use throught out to ISP 2 but i don't know how to configure on this. so for other product it easy to do on this like Pep link, fortinet

Please help me to sole this issue!

Best Regards,

rechard

6 Replies 6

Hi Richard,

Is it possible to run HSRP for both primary and secondary subnets?

A. Yes. The use of HSRP for secondary addresses is supported. This feature along with the multiple HSRP feature is beneficial in real networks. Refer to the Multiple HSRP Groups & Secondary Addresses section of HSRP Support for the configuration example.

Please dont forget to rate the helpful posts.

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Dear Thanveer,

Thanks your for your advice!

Did you use this (HSRP) before? is it working fine for loandbalacning and failover ISP?

For me i did HSRP for failover connection switch to router but never HSRP for ISP, i'm not sure it working fine on this.....

On your diagram, the client different subnet mask mean that client 12.5.7.0 go throught 12.5.7.1 and other client 10.1.2.0 go throught 10.1.2.1 ....if they use this it not my point that i need it ..

i would like on my client use only one subnet and both ISP combin speed,

Please help to advice on this!

Best Regards,

Rechard

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093f2c.shtml

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

deshtikypshaq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There a lot of technologies to load balance. Ask ISP to work with you by BGP, and there you can configure route-maps. It is most preferable (imho).

Even you can use route-maps without BGP.

Or you can use IP SLA to loadbalance.

If use HSRP, I think you need to divide for VLANs to load-balance.

Dear Deshtikypshag,

Thanks you for your advice.

Do you have sample configuration on IP SLA or route-maps.

i still has problem when we use port forwarding from outside to inside. usely we use IPS 1 for port forwarding from outside to inside but when the ISP 1 donw i mean that port forwarding is gone also. how can we configure from outside can access to inside ( port forwarding) throught ISP 2..?

Best Regards,

Rechard

What routing did you use inside your network (eigrp, ospf, static). I need more details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card