Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850-48T-S BOOTLDR: MD0002R01.0112182013

truongnctrieu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, 

I have faced strange issue while trying to update IOS from 6.3.5 to 6.3.6 recently. I thought it was being got error, so I keep upgrading IOS to 16.3.6, but this issue still exist. I searched and worked around our forum and google as well, but it seems never be solved.

Error information:

BOOTLDR: MD0002R01.0112182013

Have anyone ever got this case? If yes, please suggest me some advice.

Thanks,

Trieu.

3 Replies 3

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is a well-known issue and please contact with Cisco TAC team.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi,

I have the same issue and I tried contacting Cisco support.  I was told (even though the switch is brand new out of the box) that they couldn't help me because I don't have a support contract.  I think it is ridiculous for them not to support their product right out of the box but such is their position.  Maybe someone here could shed some light on the solution?  

When I add the switch in CNA it shows up as BOOTLDR: MD0002R01.0112182013FacBarnSwitch but the hostname is just FacBarnSwitch.  

Thanks

Hello valued friend,

Thank you for replying me back.

Due to lacking Cisco maintenance contract (Smart Net contract), Cisco TAC team did not support me as your response.

I have been tried to search every each corner of Google and Bing site, unfortunately, I'm not able to find a suitable answer. Most of the answer is about signing the Cisco Smart Net Contract, then Cisco will be retrieving the error devices and deliver a new one.

That really sucks.

But could not be changed. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card