cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3945 router

Tuan Nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

How many maximum GigEthernet interfaces I can use at the same time on the base model (without extra cards) ? Based on what I've read, 3 is the number. Please confirm that is correct. Thanks

5 Replies 5

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I haven't yet had hands-on with a 3945, but according to all the documentation the 3945 (not the 3945E) has three built-in gig interfaces, two of which also support SFPs.

E and non-E are the same in that regard.

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Paolo Bevilacqua wrote:

E and non-E are the same in that regard.

According to one of the Cisco docs I was just looking at, 3945E claims to have another (fourth) gig port beyond what the 3945 offers.

See Table 2 in: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10538/aag_c45_556315.pdf

Tuan Nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

May be I did not make it clear, based on the doc the 3945 has 3 GE interfaces. My question was "How many GE interface can I use maximum at the same time?"

e.g. 3825 has 3 built-in  GE interfaces but only 2 can be used max with 1 SFP option.

Thanks

Jospeh has answered your question above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: