cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7606 Dual Sup Engines RSP720-3CXL-GE - Rommon Issue

Desmond Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a 7606 chassis with dual sup-engines RSP720-3CXL-GE.

Both have the same image and config-register set as 0x2102 under the running-configuration, both will work fine when the other is taken offline individually.

As standalone sup-engine, everything will load and work perfectly.

However when the chassis is booted with the 2 sup-engines together, one will always go into rommon mode.

The only way as of now is to enter "confreg 0x2102, sync then reset" then when doing a "show module", it will show the active and standby modules status, everything seems fine.

But when I turn off the power to the chassis and turn it back on again, the same thing will happen, one of the module will enter rommon mode again, and I have to renter the above all over again.  Is there anyway to save the confreg settings under the rommon mode ? Think i did enter "yes" when asked to save the configurations in rommon mode.

Have swapped the sup engines, chassis but the same thing happens. I believed is should be some settings somewhere that have caused this issue. 

Thanks,

Desmond

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Desmond Lee wrote:

But when I turn off the power to the chassis and turn it back on again, the same thing will happen, one of the module will enter rommon mode again, and I have to renter the above all over again.  

Hey Desmond, 

Connect a console cable into the supervisor card (the one that goes into ROMmon) and reboot the chassis.  Post everything collected by the console.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card