Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 851 routers are Frozen almost once or twice a day

krishan.saran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

we have one cisco 871 and five cisco 851 routers , all those routers are connected to each other using site to site VPN tunnels, so each router have 5 tunnels, we are usong thhese routers for IP phones, each location have 2-3 IP phones and 2-3 computers, all routers are connected to internet using ADSL modems,

out of these 6 locations 2 cisco 851 routers are getting frozen once or twice a day,  and we need to reboot them, I already changed the router at one location with new one but problem is still there, but if i look for the logging ( Show logging ) its shows only interface up and down status that because of reboot, i cant find what is the reason

these cisco 851 routers have 4 port LAN swithc in built, that still works even router is frozen, i was not able to ping or  access the router not even using console.

Any one have any idea will be really appericaited

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
only interface up and down status that because of reboot, i cant find what is the reason

Could be an IOS bug.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Update IOS.

Note for ADSL, you should use 8x7 router for best results.

You and I must've fixed the issue Paolo because Krishan hasn't come back with any comments.

Paolo, I hereby give you (+5)! 

Sorry guys, I was trying to find out the solutions for this problem, right it may be the IOS bug, thats why i just order the Smartnet Support form cisco for this router, it will be with me by monday and than i will try to update the IOS and will update you guys,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco