Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 867vae-k9 causes issues with internet access via Cisco AIR-AP1852E-E-K9

avasyura
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I've the following issue which I don't know how to tackle. Please provide your suggestions.

My AP is the AIR-AP1852E-E-K9 which was working absolutely fine with old router (Huawei HG633) provided by my ISP (TalkTalk). A DHCP server was configured on the router and there was an unmanaged switch in between (Cisco SG110-24).

Recently, I replaced the old router with Cisco 867vae-k9. With the community support, I've managed to configure VDSL2 connection with ISP. Also, I configured DHCP server on it. Wired connections work absolutely fine but the Wireless connections become a disaster. Clients regularly have issues with access to internet. The connections to the wireless network were in place but access to internet was dropped on the regular basis.

For now, I put the old router back and everything is back to normal.

Do you have any ideas of what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Anton

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

avasyura
Level 1
Level 1

Dear @paul driver and @Georg Pauwen 

Thank you for your help. I've managed to resolve the issue by upgrading the out of date software on my AP from 8.3.112.0 to 8.10.130.0 (latest recommended by CISCO).

Regards,

Anton

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello

Are the wifi users on the same subnet as the wired, if not then you need to accommodate your NAT to allow them to access the internet.
Looking at the new rtrs configuration from your last post you only have the one internal subnet and one active dhcp pool servcing that subnet?
How is the AP connected, it is still via a unmanaged switch?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

You're correct - a single VLAN is configured for both wired and wireless connections. All of them are in 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 subnet. Router, AP and all wired clients are connected via the same switch.

AP receives dedicated IP via the single DHCP server on the router. I also reserved an IP for the AP's management interface.

As I mentioned, this approach works perfectly fine with the old router. 

Hello,

which port on the 867 was the AP connected to ? I seem to remember that it was connected to GigabitEthernet0, and that port was configured as an access port (?). Try and configure that interface as 'switchport mode trunk'...

Hi Georg,

You're correct - Router is connected to the unmanaged switch via the GigabitEthernet0 and it's configured as an access port.

All wired and wireless connections are part of the same VLAN and receives IP addresses from the same DHCP pool.

Should I still configure the interface as 'switchport mode trunk'?

Thanks,

Anton 

Hello,

you can try, I am not sure it will make a difference. Can you post the config of the access point ? Maybe we can spot something there...

Hello

I am assuming you haven't changed anything in the AP or switch the AP and RTR are attached to the same ports on the unmanaged switch as before correct?

have you checked for interface errors- speed-duplex mismatch on the rtr?

sh ip int brief

sh interface x/x

Is this an autonomous ap i assume it is- have you tried reloading it?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

avasyura
Level 1
Level 1

Dear @paul driver and @Georg Pauwen 

Thank you for your help. I've managed to resolve the issue by upgrading the out of date software on my AP from 8.3.112.0 to 8.10.130.0 (latest recommended by CISCO).

Regards,

Anton

Thanks for the information. I did not see that documented anywhere, glad that you found the solution.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card