Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 877 - No Internet Access

andrew.vint
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have factory reset a Cisco 877 router and upgraded the IOS version to Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I have then proceeded to configure it using Cisco CP v2.5 and I had thought this had all gone to plan.

However when i connect my router up the ADSL and the PPP light comes on but i am unable to access the internet or even resolve a web address using nslookup.

I am unsure as to what i am missing so please can someone have a look at my running config below and advise what i have done wrong.

Thanks

Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrew,

In your config, I see "no ip routing" can you turn on "ip routing" and test again?

Also, starting IOS 15, you need to have correct license to enable certain features.

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andrew,

In your config, I see "no ip routing" can you turn on "ip routing" and test again?

Also, starting IOS 15, you need to have correct license to enable certain features.

HTH

Brilliant ... thanks very much i am now on the internet.

Just one more issue if you are able to help .... i activated the firewall so i could publish port 25 and 443 to an internal ip address.

This is not working.

Again attached is my updated Running Config.

Can you please advise why the inbound port mapping isnt working.

Thanks

Anyone ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card