Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 877W route wifi traffic to WAN

johan maljaars
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

i am as now very far in configuring my cisco 877w. I have an established wifi, can connect with pc's (gets ip etc, can ping cisco 877w). And i have on my fastethernetport0 (added a vlan100) wich is a dhcp client who gets ip adress from my modem. thats working also fine, the port (vlan100) gets the ip adres etc...

... and of course i want my wifi traffic routed to the fastethernetport0 (vlan100)

how to configure that ?, what do i have to add ?

thanks for helping me out

attached is my actual running-config

johan

1 Reply 1

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am assuming you would like your wifi traffic to go out to the Internet via the modem on interface FastEthernet0. Ideally you want to use static ip addresses on your interface Vlan100. Then add a default route pointing to the modem: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 X.X.X.X where X.X.X.X is the ip address of the modem. On the modem add a static route for the 10.10.11.0 255.255.255.0 network pointing to the ip address on vlan 100 on the 877w. Assuming the modem is a Cisco device you would have ip route 10.10.11.0 255.255.255.0 Y.Y.Y.Y where Y.Y.Y.Y is the ip address of interface vlan 100

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card