Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 881 default ip configuration out of the box

Ranbeckycr_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I don't have an option to connect a console cable to my cisco router.  The usb to serial converter will not work in windows7 only on XP.

I have physical access to my 881 Cisco Router.  If I remember correctly these routers have a default ip address.   This router is brand new, out of the box.  I am thinking I can access it with the correct IP via network instead of console.

Can someone help me with the default ip?   I tried 10.0.0.1 and it did not work.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could try 10.10.10.1. I believe that's the default for access points...

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could try 10.10.10.1. I believe that's the default for access points...

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

10.10.10.1 is the default ip of the router. You should be able to connect to one of the switchports and DHCP should give your box an address if memory serves correctly. If not, use 10.10.10.2 and you should be able to gain access.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/cvo/880-870-cvo.html

The above link may help.

Scurvy Jake's link also has some good information, I'd try this one first:

http://bogomip.net/blog/configuring-a-cisco-881w/

Nice explanation on those links!  Appreciate it.

Thanks, that did the trick!

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi randall,

have you tried downloading the driver for your USB to serial converter for it to work in win 7?

win 7 can do auto search/download the driver for you.

Hi John, I tried the auto download feature and failed miserably lol.   I think I am just going to spend an extra $15 bucks and get one with a driver for win 7 or try to get some free time and try to install it on the Linux partition... I am a newbie with Linux so I think that will take some time.  Thanks for the info

Using the default username and password didn work for me. I tried console n browser. Both dont work

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card