Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 881-K9 out of box no active POE

Hello,

I have a brand new router C881-K9 , I configured  it  and all is working properly . except the POE is not working .

this router has only one  12V power input , so I wonder if this will require an other dautercard fpr POE.

please any one can help on this 

22 Replies 22

Hi,

In my view you need the 800G2-POE-2 kit. It gives you a daughtercard (different from 800-IL-PM-2), few screws, jumper and more powerful PSU which you fit instead of the original one.

Best regards,

Antonin 

Ben Samayoa
Level 1
Level 1
Hello there,
Please see the below info, perhaps can give you some light to resolve your issue:
Q. What PoE daughter card does the C880 ISR use?
A. The C880 ISR uses a 30W 2-port PoE daughter card that is directly powered from the 12-VDC power supply of the host motherboard. It replaces the 4-port daughter card formerly used on Cisco 880 Series routers, which required a separate external -48-VDC power supply. No separate external -48-VDC power supply is required on C880 Series routers.
Q. How many PoE ports are supported on C880W Series ISRs?
A. C880W Series ISRs support 2 ports with PoE on Fast Ethernet 0 and Fast Ethernet 1. They are 802.3af-complaint, and they support 15.4W per port.
Q. Can I use the PoE daughter card from Cisco 880 Series ISRs on the C880W Series ISRs?
A. The PoE daughter card used on Cisco 880 Series routers cannot be used on C880W routers. Even though they have the same connector to the motherboard, they have different power specifications. The PoE daughter card used on Cisco 880 Series routers requires a separate external -48-VDC power supply, whereas the PoE daughter card on the C880W takes power directly from the motherboard, and no separate external power supply is required.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/qa_c67_458826.html

Regards,

Ben. Please rate it if helpful to you.

Thanx a lot my friend , I was in vacation , sorry thaat delay , I am still looking for the this card part number , cisco do not mention any thing about it . please can you tel the part number of this dauthercard so i can bought it .

Hi,

The Cisco part number is as mentioned in my post: 800G2-POE-2=. This contains the whole kit necessary to get PoE including the daugter card and PSU. Sometimes you can also get the refurbished item with the part number 800G2-POE-2-RF (again Cisco P/N).

Good Luck!

Best regards,

Antonin

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing , it seems that the C881 does not need an external POE injecter . only the dauther card is enough, so I am looking for the P/N of this card

Hi,

I am sorry to say that I do not know the P/N for the PoE daughter card itself and I doubt this can be purchased from Cisco separately.

In my view to get PoE functionality for your box you need both the daughter card and also new more powerful PSU - these can be are ordered as a kit with the P/N I have provided.

So I am not talking about the external PoE injector here. The new PSU (power supply unit) is used instead of the original one.

I hope this makes sense. I regret I am not able to provide better explanation.

Best regards,

Antonin

if you look at the picture you sent, the 881-k9 has NO 48V DC input as the 881-SRST has.

so only a daughter card won't help, you need a different panel AND of course the different power brickpoe2.PNG

Please read thé post of benson_22 above . we are tallking about c881 .this isr router does not need any extra PSU neither poet injecter only the daughter card does extract power from mother card . therefore I am looking for part number to purchas it..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card