Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA - How to set EIGRP K-Values

lwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my imlementation, I have a few Cisco routers on the same VLAN, each running EIGRP with the same AS.  They have formed neighbour relationships with each other accordingly.  I now need to introduce a Cisco ASA into this same EIGRP AS.  The issue is that the EIGRP defined on the routers are using non-standard K-Values (metric weights 0 1 0 5 0 0).

When I add the ASA to the VLAN, each of the routers complain about K-Value mismatches with the ASA.  Is it possible to change the default K-Values on an ASA to match the router configuration?  I'm unable to change the router configuration as this EIGRP AS is used extensively throughout our organization.  I have looked through the ASA Configuration Guides, searched many posts and checked the Help on the ASA itself to no avail.

Any guidance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Larry

5 Replies 5

Hello Larry,

On the asa eigrp process

router eigrp xx

metric weights 0 1 0 5 0 0

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi,

Are you sure this command is available on ASAs ? I looked for it in the command reference guide for 8.2 and it doesn't appear.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hello,

It was a assumption on knowing the ASA supports EIGRP

But it seems the ASA does NOT support the changing of K values via its IOS, and I suppose ASDM is the same-  I guess cisco dont want you to change them.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Keithshum
Level 1
Level 1

router eigrp 1

default-metric ...

9.1(2) is on my 5505

Keith S.

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

you can do it in ASDM. refer to screenshot.

navigate to Configuration > Device Setup > Routing > EIGRP > Setup and click Advanced.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card