Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR 1001-HX license clarification

Dear All,

One of the our customer bought Cisco ASR1001HX with these licenses. I have read that all licenses are RTU for ASR1000 series, however Cisco delivered paper licenses where PAK is written, that made me confused. List of licenses are these:

C1F1RASR1S

Cisco ONE Fnd ASR1K License: AES, AVC, IPSEC, FW RTU

C1-PI-LFAS-ASR1K9

Cisco ONE PI Device License for LF & AS for ASR 1000

FLSA1C1-1HXIPS8G

Crypto throughput License for ASR1001-HX 8G - For Cisco ONE

FLSA1-1HX8G16G

Crypto throughput upgrade from 8G to 16G for ASR1001-HX

Customer need to enable features based on these licenses. Since papers are delivered as PAK (afaik, this is paper PAK), it confused us.

What I know is, to enable crypto throughput and upgrade for it requires below commands:

conf t

platform hardware crypto-throughput level 8g  

platform hardware crypto-throughput level 8-16g

and that's all, true? License for 8g is specific one (cisco one) ,does it matter?

But what about other 2 licenses? What I understand these are Cisco One suites, yes? How to enable them? Do they need PAK download?

Thanks in advance,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

5 Replies 5

Any help?

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

What does 'show licenses' for that particular Router give you?

From my experience, the license either comes pre-installed on the Router, or delivered as a paper pak and you need to generate the relevant license file from the Cisco license portal and upload to the Router and activate.

Thanks for your reply! Okey, but then what is the purpose of Right-to-use licenses?

I have enabled crypto-throughput using below commands:

platform hardware crypto-throughput level 8g  

platform hardware crypto-throughput level 8-16g

show platform hardware crypto-throughput level ,now show 20Gbps throughput (also interesting why 20G, not 16G?)

I have enabled Cisco one suite using:

license boot suite FoundationSuiteK9

show licenses gives several results, regarding foundationsuite it gives:

Index 27 Feature: FoundationSuiteK9             

Period left: Life time

License Type: RightToUse

License State: Active, In Use

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: Low

Even Show version gives:

License Type: Permanent

License Suite: FoundationSuiteK9

Next reload License Suite: FoundationSuiteK9

HTH,

I'm not sure on the official terminology for the 'Right-to-use' license. I have a Cisco TAC case open up at the amount regarding something similar. We have purchased some licences for an ASR1002-HX, but the license feature that should be covered by the licenses is currently showing as being functional in EvalRightToUse mode:

Period left: 8 weeks 3 days
Period Used: 24 minutes 50 seconds
License Type: EvalRightToUse

I'm not willing to take the risk of the Eval turning in to a permanent license (as some of the Cisco text seems to suggest) after the 60 day Eval period.

RTU licenses are not enforced by PAK. Hence, you can enable them, these licenses are honorable based. Cisco trusts you, and you should buy before moving to RTU license.

What I observed, when you enable feature by configuring something, device accepts that feature/config and automatically enables Evaluation mode for that feature. What I read is " License Type: EvalRightToUse" is license type which is in evaluation mode and will be converted (automatically) to RTU mode after timer expires. You should buy license or disable after 60days.

By the way, license right-to-use move feature commands moves to RTU mode if feature is EvalRTU.

Regards,

HTH,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card