Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR-920-24SZ-M IOS XE

Hello;

There is some one who can explain me the difference between Fuji-16.9;4(MD) and 3.18.6SP(MD) ?

we have cisco ASR-920-24SZ-M into our Service Provider network MPLS/LDP/OSPF are enable, we use them to setup EVC to connect Edge customer, we run currently Version 15.5(3)S5 version and we want to upgrade them to the latest version, on cisco site the latest are Fuji-16.9;4(MD) and 3.18.6SP(MD), so we dont know which version to download.

Also, we saw ROMMON need to be upgrade also, my question is between software upgrade and Rommon upgrade which operation need to be performed before ? our rommon firware is 15.4(3r)S4

Is there a upgrade path to respect ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
ROMMON needs to be upgraded first.
If done correctly, the ROMMON and the firmware can be upgraded in a single reboot.
In regards to which firmware to use, read the Release Notes and make determine which one to use. "SP" release is meant for Service Provider.
If in doubt, raise a TAC Case.

Hello,

Thank you for you reply, do it means I have to upgrade my ASR 920 using in service provider environnement  with 3.18.6SP(MD) instead of Fuji-16.9;4(MD) ?

Do Fuji-16.9;4(MD) not support service provider feature ?

thanks

Hello;

For IOS-XE currently Cisco sets two release-naming conventions, one for the Cisco IOS XE Software Release 16 trains (for example IOS XE Fuji-16.8.1b) and another for the 3E, 3S, 3SE, 3SG, and 3SP trains (for example 3.18.6SP)

Do someone can point me why Cisco for decide to have two release-naming conventions for the same platform ?

thanks

Best regards

IOS-XE 3.X.X and 16.X.X are different release trains.
They will soon-to-be joined with 17.X.X.

Hello,

in addition to Leo's post, I have done a pretty extensive search on the differences between these images, but other than the results from the Feature Navigator (which doesn't let you specifically select the ASR-920-24SZ-M), I could not find anything else. The results in XLS format are atttached...

https://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/compareImages.jsp

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card