cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR1001 HX in rommon> cannot get to boot correct image

Daniel Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASR1001HX that has the correct code on bootflash:, but there is an image I put on this device for an ASR (asr1001x-universalk9.03.13.05.S.154-3.S5-ext.SPA.bin ) before I remembered/realized it was an HX. So it keeps trying to load that when coming out of rommon>. Here are some commands I have done:

rommon 10 > dev
Devices in device table:
id name
bootflash: Internal flash drive
usb0: External USB drive 0
usb1: External USB drive 1
rommon 11 > dir usb0:

Please reset before continuing

rommon 12>

rommon 12 > dir bootflash:
Please reset before continuing

rommon 14 > boot bootflash:asr1000-universalk9.16.06.01.SPA.bin
Please reset before booting
rommon 15 > reset

Resetting .......

but it will still find the wrong code in bootflash instead of the one I specified....help!

3 Replies 3

PK99
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this works on ASR-1000 but for the sake of trying can you try

boot bootflash:IOS/packages.conf

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try format the USB Fat 32 and copy the image to USB  - ( Make sure this is not USB 3.0 - some time USB3.0 not going to work)

when you issue dir usb0: or usb01:  you should able to see the image, if not it not going to work.

copy usb0: or 1: to flash: (before copy check the flash has any images : dir flash:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/1000-series-routers/15075-recovery-c1000.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Daniel Smith wrote:

I have an ASR1001HX that has the correct code on bootflash:, but there is an image I put on this device for an ASR (asr1001x-universalk9.03.13.05.S.154-3.S5-ext.SPA.bin ) before I remembered/realized it was an HX.

In ROMMON, delete the offending file: 

delete bootflash:asr1001x-universalk9.03.13.05.S.154-3.S5-ext.SPA.bin

Then reboot the router. 

Post the entire boot-up process because I suspect the file you're trying to boot is corrupt.

NOTE:  Please note the hard-to-find ROMMON Release Requirement Matrix.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: