PowerSupplySource : External PS
POE Module :
    Configured Mode : N/A
    Current runtime state same : N/A
    Total power available : 0 Watts

Hardware:

Router#show inventory 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
INFO: Please use "show license UDI" to get serial number for licensing.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NAME: "Chassis", DESCR: "Cisco C1111-8P Chassis"
PID: C1111-8P          , VID: V01  , SN: FGL2222944Q

NAME: "Power Supply Module 0", DESCR: "External Power Supply Module"
PID: PWR-12V           , VID: V01  , SN: JAB0929092D

NAME: "module 0", DESCR: "Cisco C1111-8P Built-In NIM controller"
PID: C1111-8P          , VID:      , SN:            

NAME: "NIM subslot 0/0", DESCR: "Front Panel 2 port Gigabitethernet Module"
PID: C1111-2x1GE       , VID: V01  , SN:            

NAME: "NIM subslot 0/1", DESCR: "C1111-ES-8"
PID: C1111-ES-8        , VID: V01  , SN:            

NAME: "module R0", DESCR: "Cisco C1111-8P Route Processor"
PID: C1111-8P          , VID: V01  , SN: FOC22198NGF

NAME: "module F0", DESCR: "Cisco C1111-8P Forwarding Processor"
PID: C1111-8P          , VID:      , SN:            

How can this be?

Cisco placed c1100 Series Router in Enterprise segment ( 0_0 ), and w/o SmartNet i can`t get answer from TAC.

In the issue i try buy new device with necessary to me feature, but this feature not in this device, and Cisco said: "Buy our SmartNet too, and we answered about your device is not supported feature" .....

23 Replies 23

as Leo allready mentioned

●  Optional PoE and PoE+:

◦   Single 150W power supply required for Cisco 1100-8P series router
◦   Single 115W power supply required for Cisco 1100-4P series router

12V x 3,5A is not a 150W PSU !

apart from that an option should be ordered together with the device?:

Power over Ethernet options (module MUST order upfront with system)

ISR-1100-POE2(=)

1100-4P with 115W PSU (2 PoE or 1 PoE+). Spare available late October.

ISR-1100-POE4(=)

1100-8P with 125W PSU (4 PoE or 2 PoE+). Spare available late October. Ship with 150W starting May, 2018.

Optional integrated power supply for distribution of PoE

●  An optional upgrade to the internal power supply provides inline power (802.3af-compliant PoE or 802.3at-compliant PoE+) to integrated switch modules based on the external power supply selected.
●  PoE conversion capability provides an additional layer of fault tolerance (Not available on C1101 and C1109 M2M smaller form factor models).

Cisco ordering is very confusing and ordered the unit and realized there is no POE. 

Does this require an internal modification/module to allow POE? if so what's the partcode?

Does it only require the external POE capable power pack ISR-1100-POE4(=) ?

Thanks so much.

@dparussalla wrote:

According to the Data Sheet, ISR-1100-POE4 is the PoE module daughter-board and a 150w power supply.

Thanks for the info. The C1111 that the customer has come with 66w power and needs to be upgraded to 125/150W. I was able to get a response from Product Manager:

Product Manager indicated that there is no FRU (Field Replaceable Unit) SKU for the ISR-1100-POE4. (Which is the module that makes the router provide PoE)

According the Product Manager, there is no FRU (Field Replaceable Unit) SKU for the ISR-1100-POE4 . At this point in time, there is no way to order the POE4 module as a FRU; it has to be ordered at the time of the ISR 1100 router in CCW. He said that this is due to the complete systems testing of the ISR 1100 at the Manufacturing factory before it is shipped (tested as a whole unit). I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully down the road the Business Unit (BU) will have this as a FRU item.

@dparussalla wrote:

According to the Data Sheet, ISR-1100-POE4 is the PoE module daughter-board and a 150w power supply.

So basically we need 

ISR-1100-POE4(=) is the only thing needed and it includes the power pack and the daughter board?

This is very confusing  and misleading in Cisco site.

I was sent this information from Product Support:

Product Manager indicated that there is no FRU (Field Replaceable Unit) SKU for the ISR-1100-POE4. (Which is the module that makes the router provide PoE)

According the Product Manager, there is no FRU (Field Replaceable Unit) SKU for the ISR-1100-POE4 . At this point in time, there is no way to order the POE4 module as a FRU; it has to be ordered at the time of the ISR 1100 router in CCW. He said that this is due to the complete systems testing of the ISR 1100 at the Manufacturing factory before it is shipped (tested as a whole unit). I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully down the road the Business Unit (BU) will have this as a FRU item.

@gebenyol wrote:
According the Product Manager, there is no FRU (Field Replaceable Unit) SKU for the ISR-1100-POE4 . At this point in time, there is no way to order the POE4 module as a FRU; it has to be ordered at the time of the ISR 1100 router in CCW. He said that this is due to the complete systems testing of the ISR 1100 at the Manufacturing factory before it is shipped (tested as a whole unit). 

I know it's a big ask but it would be nice if this vital information is found somewhere in the Data Sheet and CCW.  

Thanks, it will be really helpful for future potential customers to have this in the data sheet as mentioned by the fellow poster. It's really misleading and I have to get POE injectors to avoid this issue for the time being.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: