Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C3KX 10 Gig Modules installation

yog19812003
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I was looking for your help. We have got 5 x WS-C3750X-48T-S installed in stack. We need to add 10 Gig Network modules. I have below questions on the same.

1. Is this module hot-pluggable?

2. Does it require to reboot the complete switch stack?

3. What precautions we need to take before installation of this module?

4. How to verify and test the module?

-Yogesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You'll notice that when you provision it allows you to configure g1/1/1 - 4 as well as t1/1/1 - 2. I'm certain it's hot pluggable if you provision, you can test it easily enough by adding in the module, inserting an SFP, and seeing if it recognizes that the SFP/SFP+ is installed in the port (this is seen via a "show interface <interface name>".

Edit: As you can see, all network modules are hot-swappable:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/hardware/install/notes/net_mod_note.html#wp129397

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

1. Is this module hot-pluggable?No

2. Does it require to reboot the complete switch stack?If you are adding a module to each switch than you need to turn them off, add the module and turn them back on

3. What precautions we need to take before installation of this module?Make a good backup of the config and make the changes during a maintenance window

4. How to verify and test the module?Connect the ports together, if you get link lights the ports are good.

HTH

Hi Reza,

Do we require to reboot the complete stack? OR One switch at a time.

Yogesh

Hi

Yes since you are installing them on all the switches it requires a reboot.

HTH

Thanks.

But do we need to reboot complete stack at one time. OR This can be done one switch at one time. For e.g power off switch 1, install the module into it and reboot it. And then go to switch 2.

From memory, if you provisioned the switches then the module is hot-pluggable.

Below is part of stack config. So do you think its hot-pluggable?

switch 1 provision ws-c3750x-48
switch 2 provision ws-c3750x-48
switch 3 provision ws-c3750x-48
switch 4 provision ws-c3750x-48
switch 5 provision ws-c3750x-48

You'll notice that when you provision it allows you to configure g1/1/1 - 4 as well as t1/1/1 - 2. I'm certain it's hot pluggable if you provision, you can test it easily enough by adding in the module, inserting an SFP, and seeing if it recognizes that the SFP/SFP+ is installed in the port (this is seen via a "show interface <interface name>".

Edit: As you can see, all network modules are hot-swappable:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/hardware/install/notes/net_mod_note.html#wp129397

Thank you. I'll test and let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card