Helpful
Replies

Cisco C9504 with license NXOS_ESSENTIALS_M4 cisco

Support Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello gentlemen,

I would like to adresse this question :

Actually I am working for a customer and we are actually working to move their on prem datacenter to the Azure cloud. On their Datacenter we have 2 chassis Nexus9000 C9504 as core switches. The Datacenter offer a cloud service to being directly connected to Azure (Microsoft POP).

We gonna build an ExpressRoute (2 physical ports / one port on each chassis). One of the routing requirement from Microsoft is to have BGP.

Actually on each chassis, we have licence 

*****-RT**# sh license
FOX2339P653_1575286772.lic:
SERVER this_host ANY
VENDOR cisco
INCREMENT NXOS_ESSENTIALS_M4 cisco 1.0 permanent uncounted \

I am able to activate BGP feature :

*****-RT**# sh feature
Feature Name          Instance  State
--------------------  --------  --------
Flexlink               1          disabled
analytics              1          disabled
bash-shell             1          disabled
bfd                    1          disabled
bgp                    1          enabled(not-running)

According to the Cisco documentation, to be able to use the BGP feature we need the feature license: LAN_ENTERPRISE_SERVICES_PKG

Could you please confirm me if we can still create a BGP instance in the current state of the license, or will we have to upgrade with an adequate license level ?

Thanks in advance

SMA

1 Reply 1

Hello,

it depends: if you have tier-based licensing. Essentials inlcudes BGP (Table 2 in the document linked below).

If you have feature based licensing, you need LAN_ENTERPRISE_SERVICES_PKG (Table 13).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/licensing/guide/b_Cisco_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide/b_Cisco_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide_chapter_01.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card