Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IPTV Integration Over MPLS

jones.jack
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts

I need great help from all of you , i have MPLS network and running multicast . we have a new integration with Cisco IPTV , scinario will be the headend will convert the signal into Channels multicast IPs over MPLS. We have SSM multicast , we have a sepertaed VRF for Cisco IPTV multicast. How can we do group for each channel  , and how can DMP ( end user) join multicast?. Your help is highly apperciated. I need some helpful configuration , that will be so great for me.

5 Replies 5

amabdelh
Level 1
Level 1

The multicast application or broadcast manager is responsible to assign group addresses for each stream and not the cisco router.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you mr/amjad for your help . i need your help please , i need to know how can channed like CNN withmulticast IP 239.10.2.1 will read to Cisco DMP successfully. I need some helpful commands for that , and i will complete the rest.

Thank you

Sorry Jack, I'm not expert with DMP, I thought you need help with the routing on cisco routers/switches.

if you questions are specific to DMP, then please move this post to this directory:

Home

hello sir

my issue , regarding multicast not DMP.i need to know the required configuration for channel group join. I can explain more , i will have 200 channels and each channel will have multicast IP. My issue how can i configure for each channel a group to allow end users join these channel correctly. My multicast core which SSM works so fine , but the issue of channel group , i can not do it . Can you help me?.

Thank you

I can explain it from the router/switch side. The end user will have a client either a software or open the website, and he will send an IGMPv3 join. The switch/router will receive this join and will start looking for the source, since this is SSM he knows the IP of the source and it will forward the reuest to the source and start forwarding the traffic.

cisco router/switch doesnt assign group addresses, it is the multicast manager the one who send the traffic. from the multicast manager, you send the traffic to any group address you want, lets say to 232.232.232.232. the multicast packet wiill be received at the router with the source IP of the streamer, and since the router knows there is a client interested in this stream it will start forwarding it.

you can test this in a lab, lets say you have 3 routers A, B , C. the source is connected to A and the client is connected to C. on router C, pick any of the interfaces and add the command "ip igmp join (group add)", and at router A do ping (group add)

you will see the ICMP will be received at router C,

the icmp packet is here the multicast stream,

and router C is the client who sent igmp join to receive this traffic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card