cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR 4431 IOS Upgrade

mikeriley
Level 1
Level 1

Having issues upgrading Cisco ISR 331 router from IOS 16..06.04 to 16.12.04. I have moved the file to the local flash and have attempted to run the only two upgrade commands I know:

boot system flash:/filename
boot system flash bootflash:/filename

I have downloaded the 16.12.04 file from Cisco and verified is a maintenance deployment. I have a small screen capture of the error. See the attached.

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have an md5sum verification check of the image before and after downloading on the isr (the isr may support this command too) and or as a sanity check, try another (preferably more recent) from the cisco download site.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may also find this document useful : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/sec_usr_cfg/configuration/xe-3s/sec-usr-cfg-xe-3s-book/sec-image-verifctn.pdf

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@mikeriley wrote:
%ERROR% Booting an incompatible image for this platform
Failed to boot file bootflash:isr4400v2-universalk9.16.12.04.SPA.bin

The IOS file is meant for a "v2" and the appliance is not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card