cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR 4461 IOS

TW80CJ5
Level 3
Level 3

I have previously posted this question, but when I attempt to access it, I get a "unexpected error occured."

That's really just for the mods....

I have a Cisco 4461 with IOS XE Gibraltar 16.12.03 that has SD-WAN. In our current setup, we have no use for SD-WAN and the image that's on the router is not familiar. For example, config t doesnt exist, its configuration-transaction.

How can we revert or reinstall a different Cisco IOS image that does not have any SD-WAN capability?

I have tried the following:

Here is what I have tried

1. At the user exec when I try "factory-reset all" I get a "command not supported"

2. At the privilege exec, when I try "factory-reset all" I get a "syntax error: unknown command"

3. At Rommon, there is no "factory-reset all"

4. At Rommon, I tried the "reset" command and then boot, but it did not work.

5. I tried to change the config-register 0x2142 and then back to 0x2102

Thoughts ????

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you tried : isr4400v2-universalk9.16.09.06.SPA.bin

read release notes :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/release/xe-16-9/isr4k-rel-notes-xe-16-9.html#con_180601

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you able to download the non-SD WAN firmware for the router? 

First, find a USB thumb drive that the router can "see".  Use the command "dir usb0:" and if you can see the directory of the thumb drive then do the below steps. 

If you can, force the router into ROMMON and format the flash:

format bootflash:

Copy the IOS from the USB to the router and do the Emergency-Recovery proceedure (start from Step 5).

Leo,

Thank you for the response. We have tried to boot to another ISO, isr4400-universalk9.16.12.04.SPA.bin, using the USB drive like you described, but the router wouldnt take it. Says it was incompatible if my memory serves me correctly.

We do have an active Cisco account and can download software for our routers, switches and ASA's. I just dont know which IOS I am looking for.

Thanks for the help!!!

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you tried : isr4400v2-universalk9.16.09.06.SPA.bin

read release notes :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/release/xe-16-9/isr4k-rel-notes-xe-16-9.html#con_180601

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

BOOM!!! I downloaded and copied the IOS from USB to flash. I put the router into Rommon and booted into the Fuji IOS and it worked!!!

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!!!

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Please check the below link which may helpful. The below link actually tells you how to perform a software downgrade on a router that runs Cisco IOS®-XE SD-WAN back to the original (ordinary/classic) Cisco IOS-XE software.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/xe-sd-wan-routers/214519-how-to-downgrade-router-running-ios-xr-s.html

Regards
Inderdeep Singh
www.thenetworkdna.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card