Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet tracer bank network topology diagram

GalibHasan7407
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 
I have been trying to solve this project that was provided in my course.I am rather confused as to how to correctly construct my diagrams. I have googled as to how to configure ripv2, dhcp, vlan with vlsm and static routing. but I can't seem to draw the diagram properly. I have a router restriction on my project I am very confused as to how to finish this. If anyone can help me with drawing the diagram I can hopefully finish the rest. 

I kind of tried everything I could. I failed. 

The project is this:

Project BNK:
Network Requirements:
BNK Bank has 4 branches spread out in the city.
1. Main Motijheel Branch
o Consists of 200 hosts.
2. Dhamondi Branch
o Consists of 100 hosts.
3. Gulshan Branch  
o Consists of 120 hosts.
4. Uttara Branch 
o Consists of 90 hosts.

Some things to keep in mind while designing the network:
● Use routers/switches wherever required.
● But the bank cannot afford to have more than 3 routers. Each branch should be a separate
network.
● Install at least 2 PC/Laptop for each individual network
● All the branches should be able to communicate with each other.
● The main Branch should have the connection to the ISP for the Internet. It should have
redundant connections with the other branches. The bank has an application server, which is
used by it’s customers for online transactions and a database server which is used by the
branches.
● The Internet in this example consists of  ONLY 2 servers i.e (Google and Gmail )
● RIPv2 routing protocol should be used between the internal routers and static routing with the
ISP router. A static host route should be configured in the ISP for the application server for
faster service. The redundant links between branches should serve as back ups.
● Private IP network address used by the university is 192.168.0.0/16 
● All the branches should get their IP through DHCP.
● The ISP has allocated 8 public addresses for this bank, 13.100.96.35 – 42/26. The first two
addresses are statically allocated for the application server and database server at the main
branch. All private addresses allocated must be translated to public when accessing the
Internet.
● The customers and the main branch should have access to the application server.
● Main branch should have access to the Internet anywhere.
● The other branches are only allowed to access the Gmail server.

Deliverable:
The network mentioned above should be implemented in packet tracer, with necessary devices and
full configuration.
After completion you should be able to test the conditions imposed.
As hard copies, you will have to submit the network topology diagram with proper labels and also all
the configurations of all the routers that you have implemented.

28 Replies 28

Hello,

you can use any routing protocol (RIPv2/EIGRP/OSPF).

Your biggest issue right now is that the bottom four routers and the four firewalls are all connected by switches, so they all share the same subnet, which is not a feasible design.

Are following a class or an instructor-based course ? Do you have the exact instructions you are following ?

Can you help me to create a feasible design with OSPF routing protocol with all the necessary redesign that should be done. Since our exams is taking on instructor are hard to find since many of them are on leave. I tried to reach them out but got failed . So i am hoping to get help from you.

Hello,

if you have a look at the original post, that is the absolute minimum information required to come up with a design. Do you have something similar to this ? I am glad to help, but I need to know what exactly you want to design. What instructions did you get (from your instructor) ?

The project is this:

Project BNK:
Network Requirements:
BNK Bank has 4 branches spread out in the city.
1. Main Motijheel Branch
o Consists of 200 hosts.
2. Dhamondi Branch
o Consists of 100 hosts.
3. Gulshan Branch
o Consists of 120 hosts.
4. Uttara Branch
o Consists of 90 hosts.

Some things to keep in mind while designing the network:
● Use routers/switches wherever required.
● But the bank cannot afford to have more than 3 routers. Each branch should be a separate
network.
● Install at least 2 PC/Laptop for each individual network
● All the branches should be able to communicate with each other.
● The main Branch should have the connection to the ISP for the Internet. It should have
redundant connections with the other branches. The bank has an application server, which is
used by it’s customers for online transactions and a database server which is used by the
branches.
● The Internet in this example consists of ONLY 2 servers i.e (Google and Gmail )
● RIPv2 routing protocol should be used between the internal routers and static routing with the
ISP router. A static host route should be configured in the ISP for the application server for
faster service. The redundant links between branches should serve as back ups.
● Private IP network address used by the university is 192.168.0.0/16
● All the branches should get their IP through DHCP.
● The ISP has allocated 8 public addresses for this bank, 13.100.96.35 – 42/26. The first two
addresses are statically allocated for the application server and database server at the main
branch. All private addresses allocated must be translated to public when accessing the
Internet.
● The customers and the main branch should have access to the application server.
● Main branch should have access to the Internet anywhere.
● The other branches are only allowed to access the Gmail server.

Deliverable:
The network mentioned above should be implemented in packet tracer, with necessary devices and
full configuration.
After completion you should be able to test the conditions imposed.
As hard copies, you will have to submit the network topology diagram with proper labels and also all
the configurations of all the routers that you have implemented.

Listen, I understand that you are learning this stuff, and that you need help. I could come up with a design that is greatly simplified, the question is: is it a requirement to have all these routers/switches/firewalls in your topology ? 

There are no any such condition since this is open project,we can keep any number of host on this network. But there should be two branches and Internet service provider as well as the servers as you had mentioned above. Addition to it there should also be firewall placed on the network for the security purpose. you can help me to design the network with your experience and you can use any number of host and IP addressing. And its not compulsary to use all routers switches firewalls on topology . You can design it on your own but adding firewalls would be best idea since it need to be explained as it works on real time . 

Hello

I am new to Wireless Networks please help me with project. I am struggling with correctly constructing my network diagram.

A network proposal has to be developed for a new bank called Wirenet bank. The bank will have a main office, which will be located in Pretoria, and 5 branch offices to be located in Tzaneen, Kandla, Polokwane, Mahikeng, and Malelane. The bank will have an application server, which is used by its customers across South Africa for online transactions. All the branches must have high speed internet connection, reliable, scalable, and secured network. They will be approximately 100 users in each of the branch offices and 200 users in the main office. Some of the servers that will be hosted at main office include web, mail ,dhcp, dns, domain controller ,financial server ,document management server ,FTP , Cisco Call Manager , any many more . Some of these servers will be also hosted at Business Connexion’s Data center for redundancy or back-up purpose. The reliable, secured, and scalable Wireless network will be implemented in all the branches and main office.

Tasks: Design a network solution for the bank.
1. Draft a workable project plan 

2. Identify the hardware components required to setup both the wired and wireless network for the Bank &Explain the reason for choosing those components

3. High availability should be available to the application server and other servers, which is accessible using https protocol.

4. The servers must be setup in a secure manner with network and host level protection.

5. All traffic into the application server should be scanned for security attacks.

6. IP network design for the branch and main offices.

7. IP addressing range for users and hardware components.

8. The users at different locations should be able to access each other, including the servers.

9. Identify the features and methodology which would be followed to achieve the solution.

10. Network Topology diagram.

11. Your wireless network solution must meet the enterprise requirement/standard.

12. Include Internet service providers

13. Configure the routers ,switches and all wireless network devices

SauravNeupane
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to send you voice message or contact you so that it would be easy for me to explain since mine english is not so good

Hello,

I have put together a somewhat simplified network including the IP addressing necessary. The routers and firewalls are connected by OSPF.

SauravNeupane
Level 1
Level 1

C an you help me to configure all the system sir. Tomorrow is the submission date and If i start doing it by researching it I wont finish it. I beg you to help me on configuring the overall network sir . 

SauravNeupane
Level 1
Level 1

Sir I had done some changes on the Packet tracer file u had sent. Do you mind on giving some time for checking the file and giving me suggestion if I had something to add or not? What shall I do? Shall I send you the file or not sir.

Hello,

I'll have a look and will get back with you...

SauravNeupane
Level 1
Level 1

This is the packet tracer file I had came up with/ Can we add other system or feature sir? 

Hello,

I added the telephony configuration on the routers and switches, which was missing...

Screenshot (121).pngHi 

which service must we configure on the application server or how to configure application server 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: