Announcements
Join Customer Connection to register!
Views
Helpful
Replies
sprocket10
Beginner

Cisco Routers and logging

We currently use Sonicwall firewalls on our sites. On these there are logs that enable us to track bandwidth usage per IP address, which can then be linked to MAC address and machine. We are looking at alternatives to Sonicwalls and have narrowed it down including the Cisco 887VAW. Can anyone tell me what sort of logs the 887 has and can we do something similar on them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richard Burts
Hall of Fame Guru

I am not aware of anything in the syslog capabilities of the 877 that would give you bandwidth usage per IP address. You may be able to achieve your requirements by using NetFlow. The NetFlow records do report source and destination IP address and amount of traffic sent and received. With an appropriate device to receive the NetFlow records and analyze them you should be able to get reports of bandwidth per IP address.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Richard Burts
Hall of Fame Guru

I am not aware of anything in the syslog capabilities of the 877 that would give you bandwidth usage per IP address. You may be able to achieve your requirements by using NetFlow. The NetFlow records do report source and destination IP address and amount of traffic sent and received. With an appropriate device to receive the NetFlow records and analyze them you should be able to get reports of bandwidth per IP address.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post