cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV220w possible cause of dropped SIP calls

markberry666
Level 1
Level 1

Since replacing a linksys x3000 with a Cisco RV220w router I have been getting occasional calls drops on various lines on a VoIP PBX. The network is voice only so is not competing for traffic and the wan side is Shdsl 2mb and definitely not reaching capacity. The calls drops occur two or three times a day sometimes ore. On any extesnikn, and logs show nothing on the PBX which resides on the LaN side . Is there anything I may be missing in the RV setup. I have port forwarding working just for rtp and sip traffic and it works fine . I noticed some timeout settings for udp but didn't change them. Any suggestions would help.

Rgds
Mark

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark, you may want to disable firewall features such as "block fragment packets". I suspect if you removed most or all firewall features you may not encounter any problems.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks I will try that.
I managed to reduce some of the problems by getting rid of all port forwarding and enabling Sip-alg instead.
Then also disabling udp flood attack checkbox.
Though generally I had been warned against enabling sip-alg it seems to be the solution in this instance.

I think I will include your suggestion and see how that goes. It has been a few days and held ok so far , early days but hopeful.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business - routers". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card