cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV340 Initial Configuration

Matthew Penn
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to add an RV340 to our existing network.

Our WAN is a Static IP and our local LAN IP for this is 192.168.1.1 which is currently a modem.

Our DHCP and DNS server is 192.168.1.2.

This Domain controller points all internet traffic to the address 192.168.1.1

The RV340 is intended to provide VPN access to our domain.

So far I have not been able to get internet connectivity with the modem connected to the RV340 at all; either just these two devices and a PC or on the domain.

Currently have

WAN1 configured to our WAN Static IP using our hosts DNS1 and DNS2.

VLAN1 connected as 192.168.1.1, tagged to LAN1 and LAN2 ports.

Changed the modem IP to 192.168.1.254

I've tried other settings for the VLAN and WAN (but these have not been successful either) using the WAN as the modem at 192.168.1.1.

Hopefully I've explained this as clearly as possible.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

5 Replies 5

Matthew Penn
Level 1
Level 1

After some tracing we discovered that the modem supplied by the ISP was inadequate and they supplied a different model which I have setup in Bridge mode.

I have this configured as 192.168.1.254 and the Cisco Router as 192.168.1.1

Internet connectivity works fine when connected to the modem, but there is none when connected to the Cisco Router.

WAN1 is configured using Static IP.

VLAN1 is configured as 192.168.1.1 and tagged to the LAN1 and LAN2 connections on the Cisco.

Any suggestions on where to investigate or recommendations for settings?

Thanks!

After more tracing, the second modem supplied by the ISP was also not supported.

We've purchased our own modem and the Router connects with no issue.

What modems were you having issues with?  

What presented itself that led you to this conclusion?

I'm struggling to get dual-WAN, dual-stack IPV6 working, and am starting to wonder, about one of my modems (my second WAN is a FIOS ONT, harder to reset, but it's my tunnel, so less problematic).

how did you fix the problem I have what sounds the same with BT

I didn't.

I can run my native ISP IPV6, or my "Tunneled ISP", either/or.

If I try to get both working, things start to time out, and IPV6 fails, massively, on my implementation.

Traces start going up one WAN, usually the native one, and time out (I forget where now, I probably knew a few months ago).

I didn't see any mention of any fixes to the tunnel support, so I haven't talked myself into the "integration pain" again, yet, mostly because the single IPV6 ISP is doing the job, for now.  It annoys me though, that it's not finished "right', with IPV6 stacks running on both.

I'm no network engineer though, I'm a tech-heavy home user, mostly from my s/w engineering days (the base-knowledge part).

It's still one of the best setups out there, this aside, for dual-WAN, for a SMB or home user, the segment is oddly not that "well-filled" with options, IMHO.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card