Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco Software Advisor and the equals sign or not in product numbers

Hi,

I am trying to determine the IOS version I need for the HWIC-1FE and VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 (plus a few other parts) to work in a Cisco 3825 ISR.

I currently have version 12.4(25d) Advanced IP Services installed on the router which according to the Software Advisor will need to be changed to the T train (or a few other train options too).

If I choose "VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1" from the software advisor hardware list along with the HWIC-1FE (listed as "HWIC-1FE=") it says they are not compatible. If I select "VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1=" then they are compatible.

There appears to be only a handful of cards listed twice - listed with and without the equals sign. The rest all have the equals sign.

My understanding is that the equals sign only distinguishes between items purchased as extra parts and those bought with the initial device and that the two are essential the exact same product.

Anyone know why there would be a different result in the software advisor between the two? Should I take it that the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 with the equals sign is correct?

Thanks for any help/advice.