Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco switch SG-250 can't be access from a particular PC

Hello all:

Weird case. I installed 12 switches SG-250-26HP in my site all static IPs. For a while I was accessing all of them from a particular PC on the LAN. Out of nowhere one particular switch stop being accessible from that PC. All the other 11 are still accessible on the same PC. I still can access the switch from other PCs in the LAN but I need this PC since it's the once assign for the computer department. I made sure the ethernet card protocols are ok etc. unsuccessfully 

Any thoughts?

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We do not have much information to work with about this issue. We are told about 12 switches which used to be accessible and now one of the switches is not accessible. We do not know the IP of the switches, or the IP of the PC, or how the switches are configured. As a first step could you provide some information about the topology of the network? Is it in a single vlan or are there multiple vlans? Is the PC connected locally to the switch or is the PC remote from the switch?

As a next step can you tell us if the PC is able to ping the switch? And if the switch able to ping the PC?

HTH

Rick

Hello,

in addition to Richard's remarks, a quick fix could be to simply reboot the 'problem' switch...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card