cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco switch WS-C6506-E, Module is detecting and interface is not showing.

Pear11
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 6506 switch & each have mod1, mod2, sup engine. One of the 6506 switch sup engine is faulty and got replaced. Now on the switch modules are detecting (physically no issue) but in configuration, show int status > that interfaces are not showing. Due to not able to configure VSS. 

I would appreciate if i get the solution. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The problem is, SUP engine had got faulty, got replaced SUP engine. Before that all the config in the switch got erased. Applied suitable commands to show the interfaces in configuration terminal. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

what is the output of 'show module' ? Do you have an active/standby setup or single supervisor engines ?

Hi Pauwen,

We have 2 switches in active/standby sup engines. Interfaces are not showing.

@Pear11 wrote:

Now on the switch modules are detecting (physically no issue) but in configuration, show int status > that interfaces are not showing.

Post the complete output to the command "sh module".  Maybe the replacement supervisor card is running a different IOS version.

The problem is, SUP engine had got faulty, got replaced SUP engine. Before that all the config in the switch got erased. Applied suitable commands to show the interfaces in configuration terminal. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card