Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO | ur Advise Pls

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

Did the ASR1004 SIP-10 supports 4 SPA-1X10GE-L-V2 per SIP slot 0 ,,, and another 4 SPA-1X10GE-L-V2 per SIP slot 1?

thanks

Ibrahim jamil

4 Replies 4

susdas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ibrahim

Cisco ASR 1004 with 2 SIPs supports 8 half-height SPAs.

The 10- and 40-Gbps Cisco ASR 1000 Series SIP can support up to four half-height or two full-height SPAs or two half-height and one full-height SPAs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/qa_c67-496324.html

Hence, as SPA-1X10GE-L-V2 is a full height SPA, 4 such SPAs can't be supported in a single SIP module.

Regards

Sush

Hi Sush

1)can u give a  link for SPA 10G half weight so that i can add 4 SPA to the SIP ,now i would have 4 X 10G , it means 40G,but the throuput for the asr 1004 is 20 G  pls helppp

ibrahim

Hi Ibrahim

Sorry...here is the correct one:

SPA-1X10GE-L-V2  is HH.

SPA-10X1GE-L-V2 is FHeight.

If you are making use of half-height SPAs, you can use upto 4 half height SPA's in a SIP-10 module. But in case you want to make use of full height SPAs, you should use upto 2 full height SPAs.

Cisco ASR 1000-SIP10-Supports:

- 4 half height (Rate or full rate or combination) SPAs with up to 16 ports per SPA

-2 full height (Rate or full rate or combination) SPAs with up to 32 ports per SPA

-2 half height and 1 full height comb in at on that does not exceed 64 ports

-Up to 10 Gbps of oversubscription

The SIP40 allows up to 40 Gbps of bandwidth capacity between the SIP carrier card and the ESP forwarding engine, as opposed to 10 Gbps for the SIP10.

Max ESP throughput that you could get on ASR1004 chassis is 40 Gbps (20Gbps in and 20Gbps out---> 20G unidirectional & 40 G bidirectional) which requires ESP40G forwarding plane and SIP40 carrier card.

You can refer to this document to understand this better:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/qa_C67-443177.html

Regards

Sush

Hi Sush

Thanks for the informative info

Pls can y tell me how to calculate the oversubscribing in router?

my freind,r u cisco SE?

thanks

ibrahin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card