cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VIRL

mediaos718
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any experience installing VIRL? I am getting the following error messages in Salt Configuration and status - Reset key and ID:

Failed to collect current salt contact status: Cisco contact was not established. This may be temporary. Please make sure the VIRL server is connected to the Internet and capable of reaching the configured Cisco master. Also make sure that the minion key provided to you matches your minion ID and domain, and remains valid. Current status is: Minion rejected by master.. Last call home check result was: The minion public key was rejected; please contact support.

Status check is failing. It may be temporary and resolve itself after a few minutes, or else should be fixed by resetting the configuration.

8 Replies 8

Hello,

have you tried all available SALT servers  (US/EU) ?

Yes, I have tried the default list for US and EU.

vsm-us-1.virl.info, vsm-us-2.virl.info, vsm-us-3.virl.info, vsm-us-4.virl.info

vsm-eu-1.virl.info, vsm-eu-2.virl.info, vsm-eu-3.virl.info, vsm-eu-4.virl.info

Hi Georg, is the "Salt ID and domain" unique? If not, what should it be? 

Let me check my install. Which client are you using (Workstation, Fusion Pro, etc.) ?

I am using workstation - On top of Ubuntu.

Hello,

Salt ID is individual to your machine, domain is always virl.info.

It's hard to say why you cannot contact the SALT server. I am using Workstation as well, and I used the install guide below. Go through the steps and check if you missed something:

http://get.virl.info/workstation.php

I m seeing the following error message. please advise?

Failed to collect current salt contact status: Cisco contact was not established. This may be temporary. Please make sure the VIRL server is connected to the Internet and capable of reaching the configured Cisco master. Also make sure that the minion key provided to you matches your minion ID and domain, and remains valid. Current status is: License renewal never completed successfully. Last license renewal final result was (2018-09-21 04:35:14): Call has timed out; failed to connect or minion key not accepted.

Hello,

this could be caused by various things. Check the troubleshooting doc below:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-30336

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: