Views
Helpful
Replies

Commercial VPN providers for RV345 router

IJsblok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm in possession of a Cisco RV345P router. It is currently used as an internet router. 

I wonder if there are commercial VPN providers (the likes of expressVPN, nordVPN etcetera) to which this router could connect. This is for a technical experiment. 

As far as I can see, many providers do not seem to (properly) support the protocols available on this router, and many even have Cisco on the 'unsupported' list. 

Does anyone have suggestions which providers may work with this model?

Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I have read through the NordVPN recommendations. They are dropping PPTP and L2TP/IPSec, but if you run the latest software/firmware version on your RV345, it supports IKEv2, which in turn should make that router compatible with most, if not all, VPN providers...

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate every thought. 

Well, I checked out NordVPN, but couldn't make it work. 

You have two options with this router:

- Teleworker VPN Client: This one works with some preset IKE settings which you cannot modify. NordVPN is not compatible with those settings I think. Which commercial VPN's are? 

- Site-to-Site: I get Certificate issues here. It feels like that the NordVPN server needs to authenticate it, and in return It needs to authenticate Nordvpn or something? The last bit does not happen, obviously. So is site-to-site workable with commercial VPN's at all? 

Anymore thought are appreciated. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card