Views
Helpful
Replies

Config 887W with CCP

mgregory
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm configuring the 887W with the Cisco Configuration Professional under Windows 7.

When I click on the Launch Wireless Application a new window comes up with a button called Enter

I press the button and there is a page script error.

Is this a known error?

I have flash 10.1 and JRE 1.6_17

I need to setup the wireless - is there a way to get the wireless app going?

regards,

mark

10 Replies 10

chaitram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark,

This is an issue with IOS of the AP module . We have a bug already existing for this issue. Please try the following work around: Launch the AP module HTML page using the Url http:///ap_express-setup.shtml.

Pls let us know if it works for you.

Thanks

Chaitra

Hi,

this worked. I'm very concerned that a fix for the IOS happens asap. How do people who have purchased this device without a cisco support contract get the IOS fix?

I'm really disappointed with the 887W as the switch is 10/100 and the 802.11n should be able to do 300 Mbps. How do wireless devices make use of the 802.11n without gigabit switch?

The device has a noisy fan - why is it like the PIX with a CPU fan that is noisy?

Nothing seems to have changed. I thought the 887W would be an improvement on previous products. Is this device worth the cost? Now you tell me it has IOS bugs. Will Cisco force me to pay to get the bugs fixed too?

regards,

Mark

Hi ,

Could you please try  upgrading the IOS of the AP module to “ ap801-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JY.tar”.

Its downloadable from the location

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282084567&flowid=542&softwareid=280805680&release=12.4.21a-JY&rellifecycle=ED&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=all

Let me know if the fix works for you.

Thanks

Chaitra

This is why I'm getting more concerned with Cisco every day. I cannot download the patch to fix this bug as I do not have a Cisco support agreement and do not want to pay for firmware upgrades to fix bugs on a brand new device.

also, I mentioned I have purchased a 887W -  the file you mentioned is for another device

Is there another way to get this file?

regards, Mark

Hi Mark,

If you have purchased the 887 device recently, I am sure Cisco TAC should be able to help you out with the patch. Could you please raise a case with Cisco TAC?

Thanks,

Chaitra

Hi,

I will try. Will the file you mentioned work with the 887W?

regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes it should.

Thanks

Chaitra

Hi Mark,

to comment on the throughput :

-300Mbps is only when you bind 2 channels together. It's highly not advised to do that on b/g band because you keep 2 channels out of the 3 busy which means that you shouldn't be having too many neighbors, otherwise hell will break lose.

-This is theoretical wireless throughput. Real throughput with a wireless data rate of 300 if max 170Mbps. If you don't bind channels and have a theoretical rate of 144, then the real throughput should be 80Mbps.

-This speed is shared among all wireless clients

With this in mind, the fact that the ports are only 100Mbps on the integrated switch is not that much of a big concern. It would only become a concern if you have only one client, binding 2 channels and do a large transfer towards only one ethernet port.

I agree Gig ports would have been better in any case, but I just wanted to explain why 100Mbps was not so senseless.

Regards,

Nicolas

Golly, and I thought it was simply because Cisco has become too cheap to put in a 4 port gigabit switch. Have you noticed the USB port is v1.1? Well now that USB 3.0 is available I will have to ensure I only buy USB v1.1 products so that I can connect to "new" Cisco products.

I have seen so many companies go the way that Cisco appears to be going now. Wang, Sun, DEC, and many others. Overpricing for old components on new products. Anyway, I'm off track here - I don't really want to say that Cisco appears to have lost its way. I'm just venting my frustration at paying so much for such a low tech product that has a number of IOS bugs.

regards, Mark

I totally hear you but we will not be commenting on those points

I just commented on the ones I could reasonably comment on

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card