cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Configure Cisco 2911 to isolate Voice and Data networks w/o VLANS

I'm a relative novice with Cisco IOS, so please be patient.

I'm proposing the purchase of a Cisco 2911 router for one of our branch offices.  They currently use Vocalocity (a hosted VOIP provider) and have seperate internal networks for data and voice.  However, those "seperate" networks all utilize the same internet connection without using any traffic prioritization, QOS, etc.  Consequently, call quality often suffers.

Since the 2911 comes with 3 GBE ports, I'm planning to configure it like this:

|  --------------------- | - 192.168.1.1  (GBE #1)  ------------------Switch----------------  IP Phones

|                        |

Public Internet  ---------------  67.78.xx.xx  |    Cisco 2911    |

(GBE #2)    |                        | - 192.168.2.1  (GBE #2)  ------------------Switch----------------  Computers

| ---------------------- |

Questions:

1. Does this look reasonable?

2. How will I need to configure the Cisco 2911 to (1) prioritize VOIP traffic (from GBE #1) and (2) make sure there is always a minimum amount of bandwidth available for VOIP traffic (on GBE #1)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Everyone's tags (2)
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards