cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure IRB/BVI on CSR1000v

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

So certain commands such as choosing IEEE protocol are not an option. Neither is configuring a VLAN in the VLAN database or adding the "bridge group" to a interface. Not sure if it is this VIRL CSR1000v or what but I can't find documentation for how to configure this on a CSR1000v. Any help?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I think the CSR1000v has VxLAN support only; bridge groups are obsolete, and you need to use bridge domains instead...

View solution in original post

Hello
CSR1000v is a router not a switch so no switch virtual interfaces (SVI) and IRB/BVI is now replaced with Bridge Domain Interfaces.(BDI), however ive not checked if this Virl vm supports it.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I think the CSR1000v has VxLAN support only; bridge groups are obsolete, and you need to use bridge domains instead...

Hello
CSR1000v is a router not a switch so no switch virtual interfaces (SVI) and IRB/BVI is now replaced with Bridge Domain Interfaces.(BDI), however ive not checked if this Virl vm supports it.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card