cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Cisco 1921 Router for Leased Line with Ethernet Hands off CTR -U Modem

sohail_sarwar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does anyone know commands for Configuring Cisco 1921 Route's  Gigabit Port G0/0 or G0/1  for Leased Line termination having Ethernet Hands Off

Modem Provided by ISP (BSNL ) is CTR-U

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

But the 1921 doesn't have 10Giga. Just 10/100/1000.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

I think you would be better served using one of the following:

HWIC-2FE

HWIC-1FE

your tellabs is only FE

Hi Vmileer

We have installed Cisco 1921 (K9 ) IOS version 15.2(2)T1

It has 10 Gigabit Interfaces

So do you mean to say the Modem Provided by ISP (BSNL) supports only 10/100 Ethernet Interfaces and not Gig Interfaces

Kindly clarify so that we may take up with ISP

Regards

Sohail

Cisco router interface is 10/100/1000 with auto speed selection. You do not have to do anything.

This is right from the pdf you attached:

IP Routing

One 10/100-BaseT Ethernet interface (auto-sensitive),

RJ-45 connector, half- and full-duplex operating modes.

But as Paolo said, it will work.

I'm a cheapskate, The idea of using a 10G to connect to a 10/100 just doesn't sit well with me

But the 1921 doesn't have 10Giga. Just 10/100/1000.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No special commands is needed, and no additional hardware wither.

I think our author slipped an extra zero in some how.

It was early out here on the west coast when I answered.

Dear Friend

Its Gigabit interface only and what i meant was that SHow version details of Router gives ten Gigabit interface count on the router

Also i would like to add that since this link is to be used as a point to Point Link between two Sites /locations and ISP is Providing last mile on ethernet at Site A where as Site B is being provided with a timeslot of 64 Kbps on Channelised E1  Card --- this end has encapsulation as ppp /hdlc where as Site A the link is terminated on Gigabit interface of router 1921 Cisco and doesnot support any encapsulation parameter

Ethernet Leased Line services offer the ease and scalability of Ethernet LAN technology across a wide area communication network that makes them the right choice for building WANs of growing businesses. Scalability is unmatched compared to traditional access technologies. Bandwidth is easily scalable from 64 Kbps to 1Gbps on the same interface. With standard LAN interfaces, Ethernet Leased Line services enable customers to link their sites together with the same equipment and solutions they use in their local networks. Ethernet Leased Line services support both Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint links.

You don't have to worry about that. It's ISP responsability to deliver a working circuit whatever the technology used.

A note: in English, a circuit endpoint is called "Handoff". Instead, "Hands off" means don't touch. That may still be an applicable concept

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card