cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring LACP between Cisco(Etherchannel) and Nortel(MLT)

billy_vaughn
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Nortel Passport 8600 and am trying to connect a 2950/24 to it using multiple links for redundacy. This is just a test to see if it will work. We are planning on upgrading our closet switches in a few months with 3750's and I want to be able to have multiple uplinks to the 8600. I can't seem to get this to work. Here are my commands from the Cisco switch. I can provide information from the 8600 if needed.

interface Port-channel1

no ip address

interface FastEthernet0/1

no ip address

duplex full

speed 100

channel-group 1 mode passive

!

interface FastEthernet0/2

no ip address

duplex full

speed 100

4 Replies 4

alfredshum
Level 1
Level 1

seems you need an additional command "channel-protocol lacp"

interface Port-channel1

no ip address

interface FastEthernet0/1

no ip address

duplex full

speed 100

channel-protocol lacp

!

interface FastEthernet0/2

no ip address

duplex full

speed 100

channel-protocol lacp

!

Also if you use passive on Cisco switch, make sure that it's active on Passport.

Sorry for the late reply. I have tried the protocol lacp command. Currently I have the Cisco swithc setup with the following.

interface FastEthernet0/23

no ip address

channel-group 1 mode active

channel-protocol lacp

On the Nortel switch there is no way that I see to configure active or passive. The tech I am working with said that it is active by default. One thing on the Nortel switch, you have to configure a lacp key. I have set this key value to 1 on the 8600 but don't see any way to set it on the Cisco. When I do the command show lacp 1 neighbor I get the following which has partner oper key listed. Since there is a standard for 802.3ad I would think this would be alot easier to setup.

Switch#show lacp 1 neighbor

Flags: S - Device is sending Slow LACPDUs F - Device is sending Fast LACPDUs

A - Device is in Active mode P - Device is in Passive mode

Channel group 1 neighbors

Partner's information:

Partner Partner Partner

Port System ID Port Number Age Flags

Fa0/23 00000,0000.0000.0000 0x0 2849s SP

LACP Partner Partner Partner

Port Priority Oper Key Port State

0 0x0 0x0

I am not sure that your problem is solved or not. I had the same problem one month ago between Nortel 8600(MLT) and cisco 2950(FastEC).

Nortel tech provides us a procedure which describes step-by-step configuration with MLT and etherchannel on these devices. If your problem persists I can supply the same document to you.

Regards,

Turkeer (ttuncaral@oytek.com.tr)

can you provide em the document

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: