Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring the L3 QoS for voice

amardram123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have very little idea about QoS.. can any1 help me on configuring QoS with below details.

I need to setup L3 QoS for voice with highest priority and rest all traffic with best possible..

I have to configure the L2 QoS also for voice traffic as highest priority.

can some 1 help by sharing the right doc or config example.

Thanks & Regards

Amardeep

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

amardram123 wrote:

Hi,

I have very little idea about QoS.. can any1 help me on configuring QoS with below details.

I need to setup L3 QoS for voice with highest priority and rest all traffic with best possible..

I have to configure the L2 QoS also for voice traffic as highest priority.

can some 1 help by sharing the right doc or config example.

Thanks & Regards

Amardeep

Amardeep

There are a lot of example on Cisco's site that we could point you to but first we need to know what devices you are configuring this on ie. which routers and which switches. Note that there is quite a lot of difference in QOS capabilities between switch models so please specify exaclty which switch models you are using.

Jon

Hi all,

I need to configure WAN QoS mostly on 6506 sup 720/ sup 32 and some places 3750 switches which connect with our other site through metro ethernet link.

Requirment is Voice, Video confrencing and time sensetive traffic should be prioritised and rest all should be on best effort.

I have configured below QoS configuration for WAN QoS in both the end, but not sure how effective it will be.Need suggestion

Also what will be inobund configuration setting.

class-map match-any voice-traffic

match ip rtp 16384 16383

match ip dscp ef

match ip dscp cs5

match ip precedence 5

class-map match-any voice-signalling

match access-group 170

match ip rtp 2048 1281

!

policy-map voice-qos

class voice-traffic

priority percent 10

class voice-signalling

bandwidth percent 5

class class-default

fair-queue

Interface X/X

Service-policy-map Voice-qos out

Thanks & Regards:

Amar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card