cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring vss with 6509 ( dual supervisor (per box))

k.hariharan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i want to configure 6509 dual supervisor (per  box) for VSS , also 6509 has ACE module for server load balancing and FWSM for security. anybody has configured vss with two sup per box. if yes , let me know the procedure to configure it. i couldnt able to find any document related to this.

Regards,

Hariharan k

3 Replies 3

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your reply, but i have already gone through that document and no information about what i am looking for except Configuring  Service Modules in a VSS

i am looking for the sample configuration guide for vss between two 6509 and each chasiss having 2 sup each.

and after serching a lot, i am getting the below information in  many of the documents and in some previous posts.

Intrachassis Availability
With the first release of Cisco Virtual Switching System, only single supervisors are supported per physical chassis. Therefore, there is no intrachassis supervisor-engine redundancy. A subsequent software release will offer the ability to add a second supervisor engine into each chassis.

Before couple of weeks back i had attended a cisco training 6500 bootcamp. in that training , i came to know that cisco has the solution for this and we can able to configure  vss between two 6509 eventhough each chasiss having 2 sup. but unfortunately i couldnt able to find any document related to this.

Regards,

Hariharan k

Dual supervisors per chassis with VSS is supported with 12.2(33)SXI4. When you use a standby sup in each chassis the standby sup actually acts as a DFC linecard. See this link for full details -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/vss.html#wp1204229

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card