Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect to Cisco IR11101 Industrial Integrated Services Router

How to connect to this Cisco IR11101 Router? Do I need that special cable RJ-45 to DB-9 or could I just use an Ethernet cable to communicate to the unit? Also, do I need a specific software?

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @EdwardMartinez31397 ,

either you use the RJ45 to DB9 Rs232 cable  to be connected to an RS232 to USB adapter (to be bought separately) or you can use an USB connection.

Follow the document below for initial setup

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1101/GettingStarted/78-101332-02A0.pdf

For the software you can use Putty that you can download for free.

When using the RS232 to USB adapter you may need to install it.

For windows os you should look in the devices and peripherals to check what COM# has been taken by the converter as it is not sure that it will be COM1.

For example in my case it is COM3.

Then when you use Putty you choice serial and you specify the COM# that you have found above associated to your converter.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Guiseppe,

i am having trouble connecting to the USB console of the IR 1101 router.

My PC has the correct drivers downloaded/installed (Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART bridge) and when i attach the cable to the IR1101, the PC assigns COM6 to the connection.

I set connection speed to 9600.

I do not get any response from the router when trying to connect with Putty or SecureCRT.

Any experience on this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Richard,

i found the issue. Everywhere i looked - the speed mentioed on the port is 9600. By just trying - i found that 115200 actually works. In the doc you linked - it is mentioned that on "earlier models" it was 115200. I just bought mine!

Thanks for the answer anyway.

Thanks for the update. I am glad to know that you managed to get it working.

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card