Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecticity from one branch office to other with 2 internet leased line

shanilkumar2003
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to make out connectivity from one branch to another with failover. i have 2 internet leased line connections on both end with public IP provided by ISP. appreciate if you could suggest best approach for connectivity with failover

Thanks in Advance..

Shanil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

you can setup a dmvpn network. you can configure redundancy (rounting, failover, meshed if whanted), security etc. in int.

Scales well to more sites.

You have to setup only the hubs (one time) and the spokes are all linked to the hubs, and can tunnels to each other when they need.

http://www.cisco.com/go/dmvpn

HTH

Patrick

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

rais
Level 7
Level 7

You can have BGP between the two sites on both links using GRE over IPSec.

HTH.

Thanks

I can also run ospf bw the tunnels right?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

If you set up GRE tunnels between the sites then you certainly can run OSPF over the tunnels.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi

you can setup a dmvpn network. you can configure redundancy (rounting, failover, meshed if whanted), security etc. in int.

Scales well to more sites.

You have to setup only the hubs (one time) and the spokes are all linked to the hubs, and can tunnels to each other when they need.

http://www.cisco.com/go/dmvpn

HTH

Patrick

Thank you Patrick it is very help full

Hi  All,

If we connect the brnach office using DMVPN , do we need to have Firewall in all the branches or we can route all the branch office traffic to use Head office Firewall.

Hi

you need to configure an access list on the routers to secure them.

But the rest is dependend from your policy, if you which you can route anything over the HeadOffice.

Patrick

Thanks Patric

Thanks Rick and Patrick...

Regards

Shanil

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card