Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting two branches with CME

Shahzad Ayub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CME version 10.5 in our Main branch with 100 SIP lines from service provider.
We are opening a remote branch at a different location where we want to use the existing SIP lines from main branch to make outgoing calls and we also want 4-digit extension dialing between two offices.

We'll be having 8Mb dedicated internet for branch and we have 20Mb dedicated internet for Main branch.
What is the best and cheap solution to implement it?

Thanks

Shahzad

5 Replies 5

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Site to Site VPN between CME (Voice) is cheap solution for you.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your reply.

Sure we'll use site to site vpn but my question is regarding hardware and software requirements in remote site.

Our plan is to get 4 direct lines and terminate them into router's FXO card, but i don't exactly understand this setup.

Thanks

Shahzad

Not sure about the cheapest option, but I would suggest as the simplest and functional solution :

- A router on branch office to act as voice gateway;

- FXO or E1 for PSTN connection (local calls);

- If you need up to 8 extension on remote office, use FXS cards and connected analog phones;

- If you need more than that, use an E1 card and buy a small pabx to connect on it;

- Set a SIP trunk between the two router and Inter-office calls be routed trough the VPN, but won´t much QoS resources on it, no warranty your QoS settings will be preserved on the cloud.

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your suggestion, we will be having around 25 extensions initially.

How do you see if we just install one Internet router and configure a LAN to LAN IPsec tunnel between two offices and use some of SIP lines from our Main branch?

The main concern to this solution will be QoS.

Thanks

Shahzad

Yeah it works also

about QoS not much you can do, passing voice on the internet cloud

This is a kind of setup we will only know the results after deployed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: