cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSR 1000v logs on AWS

vinand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team, I needed your assistance in accessing CSR logs. I'm looking for a way to ensure that Cisco CSR logs are sent to EFK (Kibana) which is already in-place.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vinand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I achieved this by sending syslog to a netcat pod running in a K8s environment behind a Load Balancer and API Gateway. By default, fluentd runs on each pod inside the K8s cluster which logs everything sent to stdout.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what you looking here :

hope below URL help you configuring CSR

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/esm/configuration/xe-16/esm-xe-16-book.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for the quick response, @balaji.bandi . I'm looking for a way to ensure that Cisco CSR logs are sent to EFK (Kibana). I'm not familiar with EFK and trying a step-wise approach of first locating where CSR logs are stored. The logging is meant to include startups, failures and shutdowns.

Hello,

I might be completely missing the point here, but the only way I have heard of CSR and AWS logging for EFK/Kibana is by using the Cisco Hybrid Solution:

https://blogs.cisco.com/cloud/simplifying-container-orchestration

@Georg Pauwen  So you mean to say we can not do traditional way the one we do normal logging send logs to Log Server ?

am i missing something here ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

vinand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just learnt that one way could be to export CSR logs to fluentd. Is there a way to accomplish that?

vinand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I achieved this by sending syslog to a netcat pod running in a K8s environment behind a Load Balancer and API Gateway. By default, fluentd runs on each pod inside the K8s cluster which logs everything sent to stdout.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card